To build an successful lawn care routine, you can usually count on a strong and reliable hose for the bulk of your watering demands. A longtime staple of rural and urban residences alike, backyard hoses can usually make your out of doors life an easygoing affair – until, of system, you choose the improper variety for your requirements.
Prolonged absent are the days of cumbersome, over weight garden hoses that are virtually unattainable to appropriately wind and store. Alternatively, the most recent developments in lightweight hose supplies have not only produced backyard garden hoses simpler to carry but also more compact and less difficult to retailer. In the evaluations that adhere to, we’ll be introducing you to our 10 preferred backyard garden hoses, with choices in each funds and category.
Comparison Table (Updated in 2022):
| Best Overall
||Flexzilla HFZG550YW-E Garden Hose||
| Best Value
||Nifty Grower 100ft Garden Hose||
| Premium Choice
||Teknor Apex zero-G 4001-50 Lightweight Hose||
|Flexi Hose & 8 Function Nozzle||
|Todoya Expandable Garden Hose||
The 10 Best Lightweight Garden Hoses:
1. Flexzilla HFZG550YW-E Garden Hose – Best Overall
Maybe one particular of the most significant difficulties of transitioning from an more mature, heavier hose to a present day lightweight design is the studying curve connected with a new tool. If you’ve ever balked at the concept of using a single of the numerous expandable, adaptable hoses offered with tons of included attributes and methods, the Flexzilla Backyard Hose is a excellent different – and our preferred hose of all the light-weight garden hoses we tested.
With a practically identical look and functions as a rubber yard hose, the Flexzilla gained our hearts with just how well-made its foundation material is. Extremely-adaptable and completely weatherproof, it’s also sturdy ample to face up to the hardest of employment. When below pressure, it’s completely kink-free of charge and provides a regular circulation of drinking water.
On best of all that, every single Flexzilla hose arrives with a two-yr warranty in scenario of defects or accidental injury. In short, this is the best gentle bodyweight hose, and there is nothing at all we’d instead have for our homes and garden operate.
- Operates just like a rubber hose, so you can get started using it right away
- Extremely flexible material is also entirely weatherproof
- Abrasion-resistant outer cover and crush-resistant fittings give it extra durability
- At 50 feet long, it weighs just 8 pounds including fittings
- Will not kink when water is flowing through it
- 2-year warranty makes it a safe investment for your home
- May grow mold if not stored in a dry area
2. Nifty Grower 100ft Garden Hose – Best Value
Obtainable at a portion of the cost of numerous other hoses we examined but boasting a best-of-the-line one hundred feet of duration, the Nifty Grower Expandable Backyard Hose is simply one particular of the very best light-weight backyard garden hoses for the income. Better however, a double latex main and high density knitted polyester cover mix with sound brass fittings to make it as sturdy as it is inexpensive.
With a layout that commences out at 34 feet extended, the Nifty Grower calls for 40 to eighty PSI of h2o pressure to grow to its entire a hundred toes of length. Most municipal h2o resources will supply a lot more than sufficient pressure, but if you’ve experienced drinking water movement problems ahead of, an expandable hose may not be appropriate for you.
Total, the Nifty Grower is a lot of hose for not a great deal of money – and a incredibly sturdy item at that. If you are hunting for a discount that’s created to final, this is absolutely the hose for you.
- Exceptionally affordable for how long of a hose it is
- Expands to a full 100-foot length, big enough for almost any yard
- Latex core and brass fittings give it extra toughness and durability
- Folds down to an easy 34 feet long when not in use, making it simple to store
- 30-day money-back guarantee and 1-year warranty
- Does not work well with low water pressure
3. Teknor Apex zero-G 4001-50 Lightweight Hose – Premium Choice
Most of the lightweight hoses accessible on the marketplace today are created for at-house use, with sturdiness actively playing a backseat function to comfort. If you are looking for the hardest light-weight hose about, however, you’ll want some thing more like the Teknor Apex zero-G. Light-weight, flexible, and kink-cost-free, it’s developed to be “job web site tough” and very resistant to leaks, tears, and punctures.
Providing a burst score – the sum of h2o pressure required to lead to structural harm to the hose – of over 600 PSI, the zero-G is the most rugged hose of any that we tested. Surprisingly, even with this virtually invulnerable design and style, the Teknor is still entirely consuming drinking water risk-free, way too.
While it is undoubtedly not the least high-priced lightweight hose that you will find, Teknor’s zero-G ought to be the go-to hose choice for any person who calls for greatest durability.
- Weighs just 4.33 pounds at 50 feet in length
- Highly resistant to abrasion, leaks, punctures, and bursting
- Drinking water safe and completely lead-free construction
- Crush-proof couplings will never bend out of shape
- Fairly expensive
- Loses some flexibility in cold weather
4. Flexi Hose & 8 Function Nozzle
A single of the first expandable hoses to hit the gardening scene, Flexi Hose rapidly developed a status as becoming a beautifully easy-to-use hose for avid residence gardeners and landscapers. Starting at seventeen ft in duration, it rapidly expands to a highest length of fifty toes even with weak h2o force. Toss in an eight-sample rotating nozzle for added versatility, and the Flexi Hose is a solid contender for your backyard hose investment decision.
The title manufacturer for Flexi Hose does, regrettably, appear at a bit of a value markup. If it weren’t for this marginally inflated value, the Flexi Hose could have been a sturdy competitor for our ideal general select. As it stands, the excellent trustworthiness and simple storage specifications of this collapsible hose will nevertheless make it an attractive selection for homeowners seeking for an all-in-a single hose answer.
- 17-foot starting length and easy-coiling design make for easy storage
- Expands to 50 feet in length, covering most small homes and yards
- Multi-pattern hose nozzle good for cleaning cars, pets, sidewalks, and more
- Super lightweight at just 2.77 pounds
- Completely kink-free while under pressure
- Fairly expensive for a 50-foot hose
5. Todoya Expandable Garden Hose
That includes many of the same fascinating attributes as our greatest worth pick, the Todoya Expandable Yard Hose is an superb low-spending budget different for a one hundred-foot backyard garden hose. What is more, it is equipped with a spray nozzle and will come with a hose hanger and storage bag as effectively. If you’re interested in these accessories, this successfully evens out the expense of the Todoya to be just as excellent of a deal as our ideal worth choose.
Brass connectors and a 3750D polyester fabric imply that the Todoya is quite a resilient light-weight backyard garden hose. This makes it completely ready to be employed for any employment close to the residence, but not fairly difficult adequate to stand up to professional landscaping or occupation site use.
Overall, the Todoya Expandable Garden Hose is an additional fantastic alternative for a 100-foot expandable yard hose, so long as you are interested in all of the equipment that it comes with.
- Heavy- duty 3750D polyester exterior and brass fittings offer durability
- Expands from 34 feet to 100 feet, suitable for even the largest of yards
- Quite affordable for a 100-foot expandable hose
- Comes with plenty of accessories
- Customer service is lacking, making the warranty less than reliable
6. TBI Pro Expandable and Flexible Garden Hose
Yet another hose to attribute an ultra-challenging 3750D polyester fabric exterior, the TBI Pro Expandable and Flexible Garden Hose is doubly tough many thanks to crush-evidence brass connectors. Showcasing four layers of latex core, it is also extremely puncture-resistant and kink-free when pressurized.
All this extra padding and toughness place the TBI Pro in a somewhat awkward place relative to other garden hoses on the market place, even though. When compared to other 50-foot hoses, it is far far more pricey because of to its extra toughness – but compared to job site-completely ready hoses, it’s not quite as indestructible as it ought to be.
In brief, if you’re looking for the most rugged hose offered for at-residence use and really do not head paying further for it, the TBI Professional will do the trick.
- Extra durability thanks to a 4 -layer latex interior and 3750D polyester exterior
- Crush-proof brass fittings are also completely rust-proof
- Amazingly durable for an expandable hose
- 100% kink-free when pressurized
- Quite pricey for a 50-foot hose
- Not quite as durable as job site-ready hoses
7. Flexzilla HFZG575YWS Garden Hose with SwivelGrip
We have previously sung Flexzilla’s praises in the assessment for our amount one selection solution – so what’s an additional hose from this firm performing so considerably even more down this checklist? Oddly sufficient, it is because of to the huge cost hike that will come with the included “SwivelGrip” engineering that the organization also gives.
Featuring an straightforward to flip and tighten grip that permits for simpler connectivity at your spigot, the Flexzilla with SwivelGrip genuinely is really comfy to hold and extremely simple to set on and get off of a water resource.
Of system, every little thing else we adore about Flexzilla hoses – their durability, user-pleasant design and style, weatherproofing, and a lot more – is nevertheless current below. But unless of course you’re actually enticed by the concept of getting capable to thread your hose onto a spigot faster and simpler, the conventional Flexzilla is a better value all around.
- SwivelGrip technology allows for nearly effortless connections at the spigot
- Fast and easy to set up and use
- Abrasion-resistant hose and crush-resistant fittings give it added durability
- Safe for use in dispensing drinking water
- Much more expensive than traditional Flexzilla without SwivelGrip
8. TheFitLife Expandable and Flexible Garden Hose
The only twenty five-foot hose to make our listing, TheFitLife’s Expandable and Flexible Backyard garden Hose is an inexpensive if unremarkable selection for residence use. At initial glance, this hose looks to supply every little thing you may well be searching for: A durable 3750D polyester exterior, multi-layer latex core, super light-weight 1.8-pound design and style, and leakproof connectors.
In our screening, however, that previous top quality is the place TheFitLife’s hose seemed to fail. Correct out of the box, it previously wasn’t fully leakproof. Dripping slowly practically from the second we related it to a spigot, we’re not assured that the production good quality is totally regular on this hose. Although we’d like to give it greater marks listed here, as it stands, we can only suggest this hose for the most everyday of at-property use.
- Super lightweight and manageable 25-foot length
- Durable and long-lasting interior and exterior components
- Affordable across all 4 available size options
- Connectors are advertised as leakproof but don’t hold up to the claim
- Does not come with a warranty
9. Bionic Steel 304 Stainless Steel Metal Garden Hose
Stainless metal is the steel of selection for a lot of kitchen area and residence construction initiatives and equipment – but for a hose? If it appears like a strange decision, that is since it is.
Whilst the Bionic Metal Metallic Backyard Hose surely is as lightweight and resilient as it advertises, weighing just 3 kilos for a fifty-foot hose, the simplicity of use for this item is a enormous problem. Merely place, it does not move like you want or count on a hose to shift. At times doubling back again on by itself, typically obtaining stuck on something lying along the ground, even with its light-weight design we found ourselves wrestling with the Bionic Steel hose.
Overall, it is a hose that is significantly much better in concept than it is in execution.
- Incredibly durable stainless-steel construction
- Surprisingly lightweight design
- Exceptionally difficult to maneuver
- Hard to coil and store
- Fittings are not durable enough and are prone to damage
10. Water Right 400 Series Polyurethane Slim & Light Garden Hose
A tiny area of the light-weight garden house marketplace is nevertheless devoted to polyurethane components, citing their lightweight and softness as motives to use them around the house. Water Right’s four hundred Series polyurethane hose is a vintage case in point of this style, full with all its common faults: as well pricey, as well effortless to kink although in use, and not as resilient as other components.
Aside from polyurethane’s potential to take care of scorching water much better than a lot of other garden hoses, there are couple of redeeming attributes to hoses made from this substance. Until you just must use very hot h2o in your hose, choose one more selection from this listing and you will be much happier with your obtain.
- Can be used with hot water up to 140° F
- Far too expensive
- Can kink while in use
- Soft material is prone to abrasion and punctures
Buyer’s Guide – Finding the Best Lightweight Garden Hose
If you’re utilized to making do with the exact same aged sort of polyvinyl hose that your parents and grandparents employed, it may well be demanding to get a grip on just how wonderful a lightweight hose can be. As we examined far more than 3 dozen lightweight garden hoses for these critiques, we retained copious notes – and following arranging them into groups, we’re confident that you can use the selection conditions shown below to much better realize how to make the very best selection for you.
Benefits of Lightweight Garden Hoses
We’re big supporters of light-weight backyard garden hoses. Why? Because compared to common hoses, lightweight garden hoses are:
- Easier to carry, often weighing less than half as much as a standard garden hose.
- Easier to store, thanks to being made of more durable materials that aren’t as vulnerable to extreme weather.
- Not susceptible to kinks, making for a more consistent flow and preventing damage from being stored improperly.
- Not as damaging to grass and therefore better for the overall health of your lawn and garden.
- Eco-friendly and often made of more environmentally sustainable materials.
- Better for more people, including the young, elderly, or movement impaired.
And with lightweight yard hoses currently being obtainable for nearly identical charges as their heavyweight counterparts, we cannot see any explanation not to pick lightweight every single time.
What to Look for In A Lightweight Garden Hose
For what may look at 1st glance to be a easy property work product, lightweight yard hoses have a lot of characteristics to differentiate 1 product from another. In testing hoses for these reviews, we’ve taken into account the subsequent attributes for each and every hose:
- Durability is key for any hose since you’ll be dragging it around your yard and home. The more ruggedly built your hose is, the longer it will last and the better an investment it becomes.
- Flexibility adds another degree of protection to any hose’s design, allowing it to move freely without getting pinched or damaged. The more flexible the hose is when not in use, the easier it will be to roll and store.
- Weight may be the most attractive quality for newcomers to lightweight hoses, but it’s not the most important overall. Most lightweight hoses weigh within 1 to 2 pounds of each other, making it a non-factor except in special cases.
- Length is a personal choice and should be considered relative to the size of the area that you’re looking to use the hose in. Longer is not necessarily better; instead, aim to be able to easily cover your entire yard from whatever available spigots you have. Small homes may need as little as 20 feet of hose, while larger yards can use the full 100 feet offered by some brands.
- Fittings can be made from a variety of metals including brass or steel, but the important thing to look at is whether they’ll fit with the size of your water source fittings. Standard sizes will either be 5/8 or 3/4 inch, depending on where you live.
- Warranties are offered with many of the higher-quality hoses on the market and are a great way to guarantee the safety of your investment. In the event of a tie between the utility of two hoses, we give preference to the product offering a longer warranty.
- Drinking Safety is an oft-overlooked problem with older garden hoses, which are not safe to drink from due to some chemicals from their plastic materials leaching into the water. The best lightweight garden hoses in our tests are all safe to drink from, giving them added versatility for home or camping trips.
Types of Lightweight Garden Hoses
The key variations in between lightweight backyard hoses occur down to what supplies they are manufactured from. The most typical types of lightweight garden hoses contain:
Giving a virtually perfect mix of outdated-university type and modern systems, the Flexzilla HFZG550YW-E Garden Hose is very easily our select of the greatest light-weight garden hose. Of all the lightweight backyard hoses in our testimonials, only the Flexzilla scores higher marks on each and every solitary quality and function we want in a hose. From longevity to relieve of use and affordability, it is a total deal that you will be delighted to have in your garage this summer.
Home owners with more compact budgets and more substantial yards, nonetheless, will enjoy the Nifty Grower 100ft Backyard garden Hose as an superb different to our top selection for the ideal lightweight h2o hoses. Exceptionally lightweight and incredibly durable, if you have satisfactory h2o pressure to inflate this expandable hose you will be delighted with its functionality. The Nifty Grower is a actual discount for a hose of this dimension.